Post new topic   Reply to topic    Justice Incarnate Forum Index -> SWTOR Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avdielzion

re: Scoundrel Changes

I was reading the forums, and patch notes.

Did scoundrel get nerf again? The forums are saying it was nerfed hard.

What do any of you think?

There was a sequence that would allow a L50 scrapper to do 10k damage in 5 cooldowns while simultaneously stunlocking someone. I imagine that is where the big complaints come from. Other than that, its mostly a slight nerf to damage, while buffing healing.

Here are the relevant changes to the scoundrel:

Dirty Kick can now be used while moving. (buff)

Players can now "Crouch" (but not roll into cover) while immobilized. (buff)

Smugglers can no longer be pushed out of cover via the "cover integrity" mechanic, which has been removed from the game. (buff)

Back Blast now has a 12-second cooldown and deals approximately 5% more damage. (nerf -- although damage increase, cooldown up 3 seconds)

Diagnostic Scan's tooltip now displays the full amount healed over its duration. (neutral)

Shoot First now has a 7.5-second cooldown. (Nerf -- can no longer use SF - BB - DA - SF - BB combo)

Tranquilizer now gives an appropriate error message if used on Droids. (neutral)

Upper Hand no longer triggers a "grunt" sound effect when it occurs. (neutral)

Emergent Emergencies now additionally increases the maximum stack limit of Upper Hand by 1. (big buff)

Healing Hand now also increases the duration of Upper Hand by 2 seconds per point. (big buff)

Homegrown Pharmacology now additionally reduces the Energy cost of Kolto Cloud by 2 per point. (buff)

Kolto Cloud has been rebalanced. It now has a 15-second cooldown, heals over 6 seconds, and heals for approximately 10% more than before. (buff -- Front frontloads heal)

Patient Studies now additionally increases the speed at which Diagnostic Scan channels by 15% per point. (buff)

Brawler's Grit is now a 2-point skill. (currently 3pt, may be a HP nerf)

Flanking is a new 1-point skill located in Tier 3 of the skill tree. It reduces the Energy cost of Back Blast by 5. (nerf - sawed off currently makes BB free, it will now cost energy)

K.O. no longer experiences a delay in its knockdown effect. (buff)

Sawed Off now increases the damage dealt by Back Blast. It is now located in Tier 5 of the skill tree and requires Flanking. (buff/nerf -- more damage is nice, but it now costs 5 energy to use BB)

Sucker Punch now costs 10 Energy (down from 15) and deals approximately 10% less damage. (unknown)

Turn the Tables has been redesigned and is now a 2-point skill. It no longer increases damage dealt to bleeding targets, but increases the Energy gained by Pugnacity and the damage dealt by Sucker Punch and Flying Fists.
(unknown -- probable nerf)

Underdog no longer increases Energy gained by Pugnacity. This effect is now part of Turn the Tables. (neutral)

Hemorrhaging Blast no longer has an Energy cost. (buff)

Holdout Defense now increases Blaster Whip damage by 4% per point. (nerf)

No Holds Barred now increases critical chance by 1% per point. (nerf)

Syrus
Syerus

Scoundrels (and their Empire equivalent) were considered by most to be a bit overpowered with their damage, especially in PvP. I am not a big fan of stunlock deaths (or kills) in PvP and so have no issue with these changes.

People are going to cry about nerfs no matter how much they might be warranted. This is just the nature of the MMO crowd.

I am very excited about the changes to Scoundrel healing.

Nikkoli -JI
SWTOR Officer

Syrus-JI wrote:
Scoundrels (and their Empire equivalent) were considered by most to be a bit overpowered with their damage, especially in PvP. I am not a big fan of stunlock deaths (or kills) in PvP and so have no issue with these changes.

People are going to cry about nerfs no matter how much they might be warranted. This is just the nature of the MMO crowd.

My only issue is the fact they are lowering my raid DPS to compensate for a PvP issue. Anytime PvP stomps on my PvE or vice versa I get a little peevy

Syrus
Syerus

Nikkoli -JI wrote:
Syrus-JI wrote:

My only issue is the fact they are lowering my raid DPS to compensate for a PvP issue. Anytime PvP stomps on my PvE or vice versa I get a little peevy

Without combat parses or dps meters it is difficult to determine where Scoundrels were at in comparison to other classes/specs when it comes to raid dps. Perhaps they were higher in this area as well... who knows. wink

Nikkoli -JI
SWTOR Officer

I know for a fact I was behind both Xtink and Zallon.

Zallon, sure, Sentinal is only able to be DPS I should be behind him.

Xtink, since sages heal better, and DPS better, it leaves me a bit frowny to see DPS nerfed.

Honestly though, My sage will be my new main soon anyway because I can still switch to healing if needed, but range DPS is much better for everyone than my 5 or 10 meter (depending on spec) scoundrel.

Syrus
Syerus

Nikkoli -JI wrote:
I know for a fact I was behind both Xtink and Zallon.

Zallon, sure, Sentinal is only able to be DPS I should be behind him.

Xtink, since sages heal better, and DPS better, it leaves me a bit frowny to see DPS nerfed.

Honestly though, My sage will be my new main soon anyway because I can still switch to healing if needed, but range DPS is much better for everyone than my 5 or 10 meter (depending on spec) scoundrel.

It would be nice if Bioware would allow combat parsing so that we could know for sure, but I can honestly understand why they don't want it. Why give people who are already prone to complain (MMO players) something to point to that can fuel their argument.

The patch notes aren't final so if they determine in testing that Scoundrel is taking too big a dps hit, then I'm sure they'll rethink some of the nerfs.

Nikkoli -JI
SWTOR Officer

Syrus-JI wrote:
It would be nice if Bioware would allow combat parsing so that we could know for sure, but I can honestly understand why they don't want it. Why give people who are already prone to complain (MMO players) something to point to that can fuel their argument.

The patch notes aren't final so if they determine in testing that Scoundrel is taking too big a dps hit, then I'm sure they'll rethink some of the nerfs.

Next patch they are implementing combat logs for your damage and damage done to you ONLY. They are also implementing training dummies. Soon people will be able to parse out best dps for themselves.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Justice Incarnate Forum Index -> SWTOR Class Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: