Post new topic   Reply to topic    Justice Incarnate Forum Index -> Other Games Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kanzig

re: Civilization Beyond Earth

What faction will you be playing as?

Choices: Harmony, Purity, Supremacy.

I was considering Harmony but the alien stuff is too unknown and Purity is looking pretty cool.  Who says we have to adapt to a new planet?!  We show up, make big guns and blow up anything that looks weird.  Done!

Syrus
Syerus

My initial thought was Harmony as well. The concept of merging human and alien technology together is too intriguing to pass up. I'm sure I'll have games started with all 3 in pretty short order though. 

Utahx

Planning on getting this.. hate just a download purchase as would like to get a Box with at least a small manual :) ...You would think for $50 we could get a cool manual, poster and map like in the old days of PC games.. Now you have to pay extra...

But I love the CIV series and will buy this one... Have not decided which approach to take, but stepping into the unknown and winging it is how I approach CIV games which makes it more fun.. Get my butt kicked a few times is a great learning tool :)

Don't forget the big fold out tech tree. Those were the days ... you actually bought something.

Now you just rent software. :P

Looking forward to this one as well though.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roe
Utahx

Well it is here and there are Bugs of course :( .... Lacks that fresh new feel I was expecting, but if you like CIV games, then you will enjoy this for awhile... The Quest system has bugs and the Tech tree is a challenge to figure out the best approach...

Bugs in Workers on Auto, so best to manage yourself.... I have played several games up to about 150 turns just to learn what is best path..

I decided to wait until after the first patch or Steam special pricing.

On a side note, my son and I are spending some time in EVE.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roe
Syrus
Syerus

Yeah I've been a little disappointed as well. The comments from players that it is just a re-skinned Civ 5 are both fair and unfair in my opinion. It is very similar to Civ 5 and will initially be quite familiar in the way the game plays. There a handful of significant differences though which I think will really alter the way you play it. I say "I think" because I haven't really gotten far enough yet in any challenging difficulties to explore these further.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Justice Incarnate Forum Index -> Other Games Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: