Post new topic   Reply to topic    Justice Incarnate Forum Index -> Public Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kanzig

re: Blade and Soul NA

What the heck Rhythm?!  I thought we were friends??  Next MMO we end up playing I'm going to hunt you down.  Like a dog.  or a Lyn...  whatever that thing is.

Rhythm
Rhythm-JI

Great! that means that name "Kanzig" should be available for my Lyn..unless of course someone were to beat me to it....  just sayin'

Kanzig

I was interested in trying this but I have too many other games about to release that I know Im going to love so I had to give this a pass.  Have fun and dont die!

Snazoficlies

I was going to give it a go.. I have my character created.  He looks awesome.. haha! But haven't gotten out of the starter section yet.  His name's Snazofski.  Made a "monk" .. what ever they call it.. 

Rhythm
Rhythm-JI

Yeah definately worth trying out any that you think might interest you. But be careful. You only have 2 char slots. And if you go over level  6 it will take days to delete your second character. (1-6 is a 6 minute delete) So if you plan to delete anyway wont matter what server your on.

That said, if you are going to play past lvl 5 I would really suggest making them on the main server on a second account. Since nothing is account wide anyway, it gives you an extra account for spins of the wheel, and it gives you alts for the crafting and gathering so you don't have to buy as much from AH. (crafting unlocks at 11, but you don't typically get to the town with trainers till 15)

PS there's no Q right now...duno if it's just a morning thing or if they changed something.

I'd actually like to use some of this time (while queue's are awful) to jump on some of the newer servers just to try out the different classes. The style of combat seems quite varied to me and class choice seems like it will be a pretty big deal.

It's irritating that two of the classes are only playable as the small furry guys. I'm not real keen on playing as that race, but I do want to try out the Summoner and the Blade Dancer. Might have to suck it up.

Rhythm
Rhythm-JI

Yeah the Q sucks...hopefully it will get better rather than worse. I'm 3079 right now...estimated at 45m. You going to join us on Master Hong Snaz?

I finally got high enough to get a load of character progress last night..got my second batch of travel skills, next tier of weapon upgrades, jewelry, auction and trade unlocked, dungeon unlocked, gather and trade skills unlocked...I swear I spent 2 hours running around Jadestone village talking to NPC's there was so much stuff that unlocks right around the same time.

Also managed to solo a couple of the multiplayer mini dungeons...only died once, had to run away from a boss once...other than that trash was easy...boss was not super hard as long as you keep moving and out of his ground tells...though it does take quite a while to beat him down.

My characters are:

Dischord

Oiorpata

The game sounds and looks pretty neat.  Now if they didn't have a freakishly long queue to get in.  I was #3245... estimate 47 minutes to load my character. Sigh.  Maybe tomorrow. 

Rhythm
Rhythm-JI

I picked cerulean. What happens is they give you the outfit of your choice. By wearing the outfit you enable faction pvp. There are supposed to be additional faction later on as well. I think you earn something for faction pvp kills but not entirely sure what.

I started a Destroyer on the Master Hong server. It appears that we need to decide on a faction to join (which I am guessing is for PvP purposes).  The two choices are the Crimson Legion or the Cerulean Order.

Anyone join either yet, or would like to pick one?

Rhythm
Rhythm-JI

Some of the servers are full, old man is close to full. They have started a rotating lock out of servers - old man is currently locked for the next 6 hours. Once you make one character on the server you can make more any time. I got my one account in but missed the window on the other so have to wait till morning to make my other character :/

Schedule: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/146617-character-restriction-schedule/

Were about 7.5 hours before the game opens..anyone else planning to give it a try?

An important piece of advice - do not under any circumstance sell or destroy the "Hongmoon" weapon you get as a quest reward in the first few minutes. It should be upgraded using other weapon drops as fodder, and can be skinned too if you don't like the look.

The reason is that the hongmoon weapon was added as a newbie gear catch-up item after it had been out in Korea for a while (kind of like the green gear stat heavy gear they add to the start of a new expansion in wow to get everyone up to the same relative power as the well geared folks). It's stats when upgraded are much better that almost anything you can get before end game...and even better than a lot of those apparently. It probably shouldn't have been kept in the game at launch for NA since we're a "new" game but for whatever reason it was and it's not easy to replace if you destroy/sell it.

I'm honestly not sure how much I'll be playing out of the gate. Season 5 of Diablo 3 starts on the 15th and I'm planning to put a good amount of time in there as well.

Rhythm
Rhythm-JI

works for me..about the only one I have a chance of remembering due to the language. For some reason EU  realm got all the nice English names...guess if you live in England you get dibs on the English language server names lol

Master Hong sounds fun, and is easy to remember.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Justice Incarnate Forum Index -> Public Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: