Post new topic   Reply to topic    Justice Incarnate Forum Index -> Public Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kanzig

re: Black Desert vs Blade and Soul

So in terms of MMO games coming out in the early part of 2016 the two that appear to be getting lots of attention is      A- Black Desert (https://www.blackdesertonline.com/) and B- Blade And Soul (http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/)

What does everyone think of these two?  I'm favoring one of them, I did spend some time playing Albion Online but it ended up being too heavy of a grind and there was no way to survive unless you were constantly in a large group.  It wasnt bad but the design wasnt going to lend itself to what I wanted to do in an MMO.

So both Blade & Soul and Black Desert are korean developed although it appears Black Desert is showing less of that in it's screen shots and video footage.  They both have decent graphics, combat is pretty interesting and not just "Target and click".  Everyone should take a few minutes to look at these games to see if Justice Incarnate should jump into one of them.

Rhythm
Rhythm-JI

Before having played B&S I was only interested in BDO. But since BDO is "sometime in Q1 exact date TBA" and I found B&S to be pretty fun combat wise and F2P to boot, I'll def be giving it a more in depth try when it launches here in a couple weeks. But unless BDO fails it's claims horribly, I suspect it will be the better game once it's finally out and the more likely choice for any sort of heavy long term involvement. Also from what I have read B&S is actually a VERY fast leveling experience (like 4 days to cap?) and so unless it has some pretty sweet endgame or they have backed off on the level speed, it is unlikely to be a very long addiction.

I'm planning to check out Blade & Soul when it releases later this month. It will be a very casual effort, however, as I don't have a ton of time for gaming right now. I don't know much about Black Desert and so at this point have very little interest in it.

Rhythm
Rhythm-JI

Syrus, most discussion I have seen says B&S combat is just a bit more fun, but as far as the actual overarching game and all it's mechanics as a whole, BDO is supposed to be much deeper.

Here's a nice review that makes it sound a lot like the very game that DoO was needing/wanting in that last few years that we were there.

https://youtu.be/SIPoQzRPOoU

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: