Post new topic   Reply to topic    Justice Incarnate Forum Index -> Public Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rieryn

re: Happy New Year everyone!

I hope everyone had a great holiday and that you all have an awesome 2016!!

I'm hoping for a great year with lots of changes.  Finally got my boss to approve some professional development and I hired a career coach to help me get away from this dead end job and low pay job!  Plus, my foot is finally healed enough that I can start working off all the pounds I gained over the last 7+ months of having 3 neuromas in my right foot.

Have a great day and year and hope to see you somewhere online!
Jim aka Rieryn

Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
Crucial 16GB D3-1600
Samsung E 850 250GB SSD
+2 SATA hard drives adding about 800 GBs until I can get a 2 TB drive. Happy    

Dual RX 380s 4GB
Syrus
Syerus

Sounds like you have some good stuff cooking for 2016 Rieryn!! Best of luck to you on all of that. If you want any fitness/dieting advice, it's a bit of a hobby of mine so I'd be happy to help out.

I'm in the midst of trying to find new employment myself, and am hopeful the perfect opportunity comes along soon.

Happy New Year everyone!

Rhythm
Rhythm-JI

It was a pretty good year for us all around. Good to hear things are looking up on your end. What line of work are you looking to get into Jim?

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Yay!  happy new year everyone!! Last year was a year of bad health, and horrible bosses... I was ready to quit work, life, something!!!

This year, my company replaced all management paths between me and the CEO, gave me a good raise and bonus, and I am hopeful that the health stays positive.  This is going to be a great year!!

Syrus, Rieryn -- if either of you two are IT professionals (developer / architect / BA / PM / infrastructure / etc...) interested in local-area consulting.  I can get you setup with an interview at my company. I'm in the Chicago area, but we have offices across the USA.

Syrus
Syerus

I am seeking a job in the IT industry Nikkoli. Been doing some certification work with my time off and just got my CCNA. Was thinking something along the lines of Network Ops, Admin, or Engineer. Where in the Chicago area are you guys located?

Kanzig

Don't do it Syrus!  Nikkoli is in league with lucifer!  You will have to give up your soul, don't let all the lovely cash blind you!  

Nikkoli -JI
SWTOR Officer

You're just jealous about my pockets full of benjis Kanzig!

Rieryn

Syrus, I could definitely use any help on fitness and dieting. I have a portion control problem and I eat when stressed, sadly I am always under a large amount of stress because of work and home. :)  I really need to find a safe snack food that I can eat throughout my day and at night.  Currently pretzels are my go to snack, or apples.  But I cannot eat too much fruit or my stomach gets angry with me.  My wife snacks on potato chips or ice cream and my self control makes it tough not to want a snack too.  I have a treadmill, but am looking to trade it for an elliptical, if I can find a way. I'm also considering joining planet fitness, even though its about 20 minutes away from home.

Rhythm, glad to hear it was a good year for you!
I'm actually not 100% sure yet, but I want to use my customer service and training skills for sure, but less software troubleshooting if possible.  I am hoping to narrow down a field more after a couple meetings with the coach, which start next weekend. :D  The biggest issue is I need to make more money, I'm still basically making the same amount I made back in 2000 but my benefits and vacation are way better.  I expect I'll be trading down on those for more money, but that is what I need right now to help myself and my daughter.  She is in college for nursing and her mother cannot help.

Hi Hoofya! Hope all is well with you!

Nikkoli! That is great news, I wish my boss would get replaced. lol  I have a meeting today with a VP about him.  Hoping it won't backfire, but I am pretty confident it will go okay.  Just not sure if it will help any. 
I consider myself an IT Professional, I have done desktop support, sales support, and for the last 8 years I've been managing software, vendor relationships, teaching and troubleshooting the software used for online teaching at two different colleges. I'd be interested in learning more about any opportunities. I am just getting ready to start working toward project management certification.
I love to fill my pockets with something more than reciepts. :/  It sucks to watch all the union employees get raises of 3-5%, which management like me get nothing to 1.5% a year... I lost money last year because the cost of living didn't even cover the medical benefits increase.

Kanzig! Hey, sorry I've been sucked into Fallout 4 and just want to finish it... and a little Battlefront when I have time and the desire to school some punks.

Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
Crucial 16GB D3-1600
Samsung E 850 250GB SSD
+2 SATA hard drives adding about 800 GBs until I can get a 2 TB drive. Happy    

Dual RX 380s 4GB
Hoofya

Hi Rieryn!  All is well being a stay at home dad with my daughter.  I left my last IT position to be at home with her.  I hope that you are able to obtain the needed work to support your family.  

Jump to: