Post new topic   Reply to topic    Justice Incarnate Forum Index -> Other Games Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rieryn

re: XCOM 2 is coming Feb 5th, 2016!

https://xcom.com/

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-biggest-changes-in-xcom-2/

I am very excited for this game, I have 490 hours on the previous XCOM.  So I'm imagining spending a lot of time with this new one on Steam! 

Anyone else looking forward to it?

Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
Crucial 16GB D3-1600
Samsung E 850 250GB SSD
+2 SATA hard drives adding about 800 GBs until I can get a 2 TB drive. Happy    

Dual RX 380s 4GB
Syrus
Syerus

I doubt I will be getting it. I was disappointed with the last one.

Rieryn

Bummer, but what disappointed you about it?  The lack of depth compared to the previous versions?
I really enjoyed it, especially once Long War mod came out and added so much to the game and upped the difficulty a lot.

Crucial 16GB D3-1600
Samsung E 850 250GB SSD

Dual RX 380s 4GB
Syrus
Syerus

Well, it's been quite a while... but if I recall I didn't like how you were just expected to lose soldiers. I prefer more of RPG style where you build up a team and then are able to actually keep them alive throughout the campaign. The missions got very tedious after a while if I remember correctly, with not enough variety. Oh, and I thought the combat had many instances that felt cheap where you didn't really have options to avoid triggering certain events from killing people.

I don't know... these are just my personal gripes. A lot of people loved it, and I think most would say it was a very good game.

Rieryn

I agree with everything you said, those things all happen and are good points. I think I just got used to the idea of not being too attached to any one soldier. :)

I'll definitely update this after I've played the new one more. 

Crucial 16GB D3-1600
Samsung E 850 250GB SSD

Dual RX 380s 4GB
Kanzig

My soldiers weren't killed off TOO often and you always had the choice to try and re-do the mission if you lost someone you really wanted to keep.  Loved XCom: Enemy Unknown so I will be picking this up for sure.

Rieryn,

I will take you on in multiplayer.  I will have no idea what Im doing but it should be fun.

Rieryn

Sounds good Kanzig, I never played the XCOM EU multiplayer, so it is new to me too! :)

Crucial 16GB D3-1600
Samsung E 850 250GB SSD

Dual RX 380s 4GB
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Justice Incarnate Forum Index -> Other Games Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: